So.............I'm getting in my car to come home from work and Ashley is calling me on my cell. I accidently hang up on her so I call her back. She tells me her plans for the evening and how I probably won't see her tonight. I tell her to have fun and then she says her Dad wants to talk to me. In the course of my short conversation with him, I realize that I have completely forgotten Ashley's birthday is today. Maybe this is what the call a "grandma moment." I guess I was thinking it was tomorrow because she is having a party at Jay's house to celebrate and we are all planning to attend. Not a very good excuse, especially since I wrote in my blog today about Talan being a month old. And how I thought when he was born it was so cool because it was a month before Ashley's birthday. Maybe, subconsciously, I was "denying" the fact that my baby turned 22 today. I mean, after all, have 22 years actually really gone by, and that quickly? The days are long, but man, oh man, are the years ever short!!!! So, Ashley, always remember that I love you and I am deeply sorry for forgetting your birthday.
Friday, April 18, 2008
One month revisited
So.............I'm getting in my car to come home from work and Ashley is calling me on my cell. I accidently hang up on her so I call her back. She tells me her plans for the evening and how I probably won't see her tonight. I tell her to have fun and then she says her Dad wants to talk to me. In the course of my short conversation with him, I realize that I have completely forgotten Ashley's birthday is today. Maybe this is what the call a "grandma moment." I guess I was thinking it was tomorrow because she is having a party at Jay's house to celebrate and we are all planning to attend. Not a very good excuse, especially since I wrote in my blog today about Talan being a month old. And how I thought when he was born it was so cool because it was a month before Ashley's birthday. Maybe, subconsciously, I was "denying" the fact that my baby turned 22 today. I mean, after all, have 22 years actually really gone by, and that quickly? The days are long, but man, oh man, are the years ever short!!!! So, Ashley, always remember that I love you and I am deeply sorry for forgetting your birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you more.. and wow.. a whole post dedicated to me! SWEET!
ReplyDelete