Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cleaning and scrubbing









So.................Jennifer was over with Talan on Sunday and Jennifer commented about how she can't put her son down because we all hold him all the time, and thus she has to hold him all the time. I think she has it backwards, but I got to thinking about it a bit and realized that we hold Talan all the time when we see him for the same reasons that Jennifer holds him all the time. Talan will only be this little for a short time. Kids do have a way of growing up very quickly. And before we know it, Talan will be at the point where he doesn't want to be held at all. So, we will all go on holding Talan every chance we get and we will all enjoy every minute of his letting us because, (from a needlepoint picture the my mother gave me when I was pregnant with Jennifer)

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow

for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.

So, quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,

I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."










No comments:

Post a Comment