
Its funny when I think back to my dreams as a child, of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I know until I was probably 16 or 17, I never imagined being married and having kids of my own. In fact, if you had told me in my early teens that I would one day give birth, I probably would have laughed in your face.
"Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers." (Garth Brooks)
I believe that all along, God had a plan for me and it wasn't always the plan I saw for myself. But in his infinite wisdom he led me to where I am today. Married for almost 33 years to the same wonderful man, and the mother of four beautiful, wonderful girls and the stepmother to a son I consider my own. God gave to me something I didn't even know I wanted or needed.
So, on this, my 38th Mother's Day, I want you to know how blessed I am. To say my life has been perfect would be lie, but through all the ups and downs, I wouldn't change a minute of it. My girls give me their love, support and friendship. I know they love me because I am their mother. But we are friends because of what we share. With Aaron, well, he didn't have to love me -- he didn't even really have to like me, but he does. (I think, I hope!) Aaron, Jennifer, Joanna, Jayme and Ashley --- I love you all!!!! Thanks for making every Mother's Day a very special day for me.
And Ashley --- if you look at the next to last line with everyone's names in it, you can see why your name is Ashley. I've always told everyone, we started with an "A" and we ended with an "A".
Hey Jay, nice post! It's my turn to get sentimental. I appreciate all that you have done for me throughout the years. You have had an impact on my life in many ways. That is not something that you had to do, and many women in the same position would have never even "dreamed" of doing. But, it seemed to come natural for you and I am happy for that. As for Ashley, I love her very much (as I do all of my sisters), my fellow "A". It's a good thing you didn't start with A and end with Z. What sort of name can you give to a girl that begins with "Z"? The list is actually quite long, as I search the net, but noone has ever heard of them - Zizza, Zinny, Zen??! Anyway, back to the point at hand. Happy Mother's Day (a week late here, but isn't every day mother's day?) I love you and look forward to seeing you in September.
ReplyDelete