Sunday, March 24, 2013

One of the 10%

Statistical research shows that less than 10% of professing Christians have
ever read the entire Bible.  I can now say I am one of those 10%.  

I made the promise to read the Bible early in Ashley's pregnancy and on October 9th, 2012, as I was driving to the hospital where Ashley had been taken after her accident, I reiterated my promise to God.  If only she and Charlie would be okay, I would read the Bible in its entirety. 


And as we sat in the hospital on November 7th, with Jayme and Jeremy heading to the operating room for Jayme's unplanned c-section, waiting for Juliet to be born, I prayed and once again made my promise to God. 


I won't say I understand everything I read, but I will say reading the Bible has brought me closer to God. And, I now, more than ever, believe that God answers our prayers.  


These two perfect little girls born after so much difficulty and distress are evidence of this.

God is good!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.  Psalm 28:7

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is something I want to do. I've tried.....and fail. Are you watching the series?

    ReplyDelete