Tuesday, October 9, 2012

COULD have been the worst day EVER

As I left the hospital tonight after a very long, stressful, and emotional day, the song playing on the radio was "But For the Grace of God."  The lyrics say, "But for the grace of God go I.  I must have been born a lucky guy.  Heaven only knows how I've been blessed............Oh Lord I'd be lost, But for the grace of God."  I know how lucky we all were today.  I can't imagine any other outcome.  And I know it is all for the grace of God.  I thank God for the people who designed Ashley's car, for there is no doubt in my mind that the construction of that vehicle is what saved her.  I thank God for the ladies that stopped to help Ashley and helped her get in touch with Jay.  I thank God that Jay answered his phone, even though he didn't recognize the phone number (Ashley was calling from one of her Good Samaritan's phones).  I thank God for Joe and Kim being so close and going to pick her up to take her to the hospital (since Ashley refused to go by ambulance).  But most of all, I thank God for keeping Ashley and Charlie safe.  Oh Lord, I'd be lost, But for your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment