Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend One at Joanna and Billy's -- December 16 to December 20

Since Parker was born,  I've spent a few weekends at Joanna and Billy's.  I haven't done a very good job adding to the blog, so I'll try to catch up and then will try to do better keeping up.
The first time I went down to Joanna and Billy's was the weekend after Parker was born.  I drove down on Thursday and ended up going to the hospital to wait with Joanna until the doctor would okay Parker's release to come home.  Joanna had already been discharged but Parker was having issues holding his temperature and they talked like they were going to keep him another day.  Joanna wasn't leaving the hospital without Parker and so we were all relieved when he finally (5 pm) got released to come home.  Billy had come back to the hospital by then, so I followed them home.
Joanna and Billy got Parker all settled in his new play-yard/bassinet and then we had a quiet dinner.
I know Joanna and Billy were glad to finally get home.  Billy had been sleeping on this little couch they had in Joanna's room.  I sat on it most of the day Thursday and I wasn't very comfortable, so I don't know how he slept on it.  And I know they were just ready to be home and to start their new life with Parker.
Si and Jayme drove down that Saturday and stayed till Sunday afternoon.  It was a fun having them there.  And Jayme loved holding Parker.  Of course, she loved "messing" with him too.  That's her Michelob Ultra!

Getting started early!
Jayme, Toby and Parker




Ready for the sunshine!
Hated to leave on Monday but unfortunately I have a job.  But I loved every minute of being with Joanna and Billy, but especially spending the time with Parker.

1 comment:

  1. Are those baby sunglasses? He looks like he's ready to take off in a F14! :-)

    ReplyDelete