How did we get so lucky?
The day before yesterday, Joanna told me about an acquaintence of hers whose 21 year old son died of a drug overdose. In December, a childhood friend of Jayme's died of leukemia. I'm sure we all know of someone who is dealing with a special needs child. Or of someone who is dealing with the consequences of a child making an especially bad decision. I read all the time about young children dying, abusive relationships, marriage failures, people out of work, drunk driving, drug abuse, someone taking another person's life. The list is endless. You can't pick up the paper without reading an article or listen to the news without hearing about these things.
How did we get so lucky? Our children have grown up to be independent, responsible, compassionate adults. Everyone of them has made a good choice in the person they have chosen to marry and the friends they surround themselves with. Each of them has a job that allows them, while not necessarily personal satisfaction, the satisfaction of knowing they are contributing to society. Other than mild childhool illnesses and normal teenage rebellion and angst, we have never really had to deal with anything "traumatic."
How did we get so lucky? Thank you GOD, for truly blessing our family!
GOD Bless them Always.
ReplyDeleteSo well put. It's funny because I have asked myself the same question. I thank God everyday for my three and the choices they have made and people they brought into our family. You and Si have a wonderful family filled with lots of love and I am so thankful for Ashley in Jay's life.
ReplyDelete