Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Talan



Happy Birthday, Talan


Happy Birthday, Talan

Wow, I can’t believe you’re already two, although it’s hard for me to remember a time when you weren’t a part of our lives. It’s been so much fun watching you grow and change over the past year. You have learned so many new things and are trying to do so many more. Mommy and Daddy have you in a soccer class on Fridays with kids your own age. I’m sure you’re having a lot of fun doing that. It amazes me how much you love to kick the ball around. That is almost always the first thing you want to do when you come over to our house. You want to go upstairs right away and get the little ball we have for you to kick to me or to Baba.

And now you are starting to “talk” a lot more. We still don’t understand a word you say, but it is so much fun listening to you tell a “story.” You are so full of animation and expressions. One of these days I’m going to get a whole story on the video camera for everyone to enjoy. Well, I really shouldn’t say we don’t understand a word you say…….your Daddy taught you to say, “oh man,” and the way you say it is just the cutest thing ever. And you say, “bye, bye, mama, dada, and Baba, but for some reason, everything else is “GA.” When we ask you to say please, its “GA.” When we ask you to say drink, its “GA.” I know it’s only a matter of time before you’ll be really talking.

Mommy and Daddy have started potty training with you. Last weekend when you came to stay with us we went to Walmart to buy you a potty chair for our house. But for some reason you are as comfortable sitting on the big potty (with a little help) as you are the little potty. I would much prefer you use the big potty, especially after what you did to me on Sunday. You had gone potty and you wanted to help me empty the little potty bowl into the big potty and you picked up the bowl and kind of flung your pee all over me and the floor. Grammie was NOT very happy. Then, apparently, you dropped the seat on your toe and were crying and I thought you were crying cause Grammie was not very happy with you at that moment. It wasn’t till later that your Aunt Jayme and Aunt Joey told me about that. I felt bad cause I was trying to get you to lay down and take a nap and I thought you were just crying cause you didn’t want to take a nap. I thought you were too afraid you would miss something………just like your mom used to be when she was little. But I know you were tired because you finally fell asleep and then you didn’t even wake up when everyone else showed up for Sunday at the Sharghi’s and it got quite loud in the kitchen. I thought sure you’d hear your mom’s voice and wake up but you didn’t.

What else can I tell you about yourself? You are such a sweet little boy. You don’t hesitate to give hugs and kisses to all your aunts and uncles. Well, except Aunt Jayme. Ahhahahah………she loves you so much and I think you just tease her sometimes.

Let’s see what important events took place during your 2nd year of life.

January 2009
January 4th, Aunt Joanna turned 27.
January 7th, Grandpa Sharghi (Baba) turned 66.
January 9th, Great Grandma Baker turned 86.
January 12th, Uncle Jeremy turned 26.

The first black President, Barack Obama is sworn into office.

Unemployment hits a 16 year high and the recession continues. We’ll have to look at this next year and see if we’ve made any progress and again when you are an adult to see if the US has continued with its trillion dollar spending habits.

The Octomom (you'll have to research her when you get old enough) gave birth to 8 babies after getting pregnant through IVF. I wonder how those kids will compare with you as you grow. Somehow I think you will have many more opportunities than they will. And I know you have a lot more people that truly love and care about you than those poor babies do.


March 2009
March 18th ---- YOU TURNED 1 YEAR OLD


April 2009
April 15th, Uncle Billy turned 28
April 18th, Aunt Ashley turned 23

The Swine Flu pandemic begins in Mexico and there are threats of shutting down travel between Mexico and the US. The US declares a public health emergency and advises against travel to Mexico. This is only important because your Aunt Jayme is getting married in May in Mexico and everyone is starting to wonder if we’re going to get to go.

May 2009
May 5th, your cousin, Amira Marie is born in Dakar, Senegal.
May 14th, Aunt Ashley graduated from Nursing School.
May 23, your Aunt Jayme marries Uncle Jeremy in Riveria Maya, Mexico. Unfortunately, you were too little to go with us and stayed with your Grandpa David and Grandma Melinda Weston.

President Obama nominates a Hispanic female, the first ever, to the Supreme Court.

June 2009
June 4th, your Daddy turned 29.
June 8th, your Mom and Dad celebrated their 2nd wedding anniversary.
June 13th, your Aunt Ashley marries your Uncle Jay in Fort Worth, Texas. You did come to this wedding and you entertained everyone there with your dancing.
June 28th, Uncle Jay turned 24

Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, dies. I wonder who will be the big music entertainers of your time?

July 2009
July 3, Aunt Joey and Uncle Billy celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary.
July 12, Baba and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary.

August 2009
August 22nd, Aunt Jeanne's birthday.

September 2009
September 5th, Uncle Aaron and Aunt Jeanne celebrate their first year of marriage.
September 30th, Aunt Jayme turned 25.

December 2009
December 1st, Uncle Aaron turned 39.
December 21st, your Mom turned 31.
December 22nd, Grandma Sharghi (me) turned 55………….ugh, officially a senior citizen!
December 25th, we celebrated your 2nd Christmas and Amira's first and it was a wonderful day with everyone here.

Desmond Tutu once said, "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." You are definitely a gift to our family and you are one of the reasons we continue living, laughing, and loving.

I love you Little TallyMan (TallyBan). HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, and wishing you a lifetime of more.

The Many Faces of Talan





3 comments:

  1. So......I'm a little frustrated with my blog.....I thought I had this scheduled to post at 12:01 Thursday morning, the 18th, but apparently not. Since this posted a little early, Happy Birthday, Talan, March 18th, 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday My little Boo BOO.Love you very much and your Grammy knows how to make Baba Cry .God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Talan - hugs and kisses from Uncle Aaron, Aunt Jeanne, and cousin Amira!!

    ReplyDelete