Dear John,
I wish I could share this blog with you. I know you would get a kick out of it...........
For those of you who don't know, growing up I always heard stories from my mom and dad about the first Brownie camera they bought for my brother John, John loved taking pictures, a love that lasted throughout his life. However, when he first started his hobby, John took numerous pictures of doorknobs with his camera. And over the years, doorknobs became synonymous with any picture, taken by anyone, that wasn't a keeper for obvious reasons. John used to be the king of the "doorknobs." We all used to give him a hard time about all the doorknobs he took pictures of.
Talan was with us Sunday, as Randy had come over to help do some work in the yard for us. I was taking pictures of Talan in one of the trees out front and when he got down he wanted to take some pictures. I am so thankful for digital cameras. I don't know how my parents felt after paying to develop rolls of film for John, only to find pictures of doorknobs. With my digital camera, I didn't care what Talan was taking pictures of. And just as I suspected, a bunch of "doorknobs!" But it made me laugh and it reminded me of my brother.
Talan's "doorknobs"




Aunt Jay- Just read this blog post! This was my dad to a T... I was remembering the other day when I was pulling out pictures the other night. Thank you for making me think of him again today, some days it is just what I need to make myself smile!!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Megan