Monday, June 1, 2009

Wii Fit

The kids gave me a Wii Fit for Mother's Day and it has been sitting in the living room since then as I had been too busy to set it up and "work out." So, Sunday morning, I finally decided I was going to hook it up and see what its all about. Well, let me tell you...........I did about 25 minutes of "strength training" and about 5 minutes of playing around on some of the games that help you with balance and I am big time SORE!!! I really didn't think I had worked that hard and I certainly didn't feel like I was using any new muscles, but I can't take a really deep breath without feeling my muscles hurting. But its a good hurt and I'm pleasantly surprised!

Jayme and I played some Wii bowling. She beat me. We played some Wii tennis. I think we ended up pretty even on that, though I think she was getting much better as I was getting much worse and she won the last couple sets pretty handily.

Then, Ashley, Jay, Jayme and I were playing some of those balance games. I wish I had taken some pictures or videos. Apparently, Ashley is a PRO and I am "unbalanced." Pretty sad!!! Jayme and Ashley did a hula hoop competition and Jayme won that one. They were pretty cute up there "mimicking" hula hooping. I, of course, will save that for a time when I am by myself. : )

One of the other "games" the kids got me for the Wii is Jillian's (Biggest Loser) Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009. There was a "paddling" competition that Ashley and I did. I think she covered about 25 miles (maybe more) and I went about 2!! And I think that was just because the canoe floated down the river on its own. I'm not very coordinated, I guess. Jayme finally told me to sit on the floor (to better mimic the rowing) and I finally got the oars moving, but not very well. I know I'd better work on these things and get better at them before Talan and Amira are old enough to "school" me on them.

Tonight, I'm going to try the aerobics. At least I'm having fun "working out." This Wii might just be the greatest invention ever.

2 comments:

  1. Hey out there - does anyone read this blog - because I never see comments (except Kim and Joe who made a comment for Amira :-) Anyway, good luck with the Wii fit! You know what they say, if the Wii fits, wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well apparently, no one else in this family besides you and your dad know how to leave comments.(Do you sense the sarcasm?)

    ReplyDelete