Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Talan

From this,


to this,



to this.






Happy 1st Birthday, Talan

I can't believe its already been a year. Its just flown by. And now you are no longer a baby, but all little boy. You can't begin to know how all of our lives have changed since you came into this world. Grandpa and I have enjoyed every Saturday we spent with you and look forward to many more. (Lucky Grandpa gets to see you every other Wednesday too, and I am jealous of that time he gets with you.)
Things I love about you............

I love your smile and the way you laugh. And the way you shake your head "no" when you don't want to do something, or you don't like what we're telling you. That's so funny to see.

I love the way you climb up into my arms and cuddle when you are tired and ready for your nap.

I love how, when we play "gonna get you," you start "running" from us, laughing the whole time.
I love the way that, even though you don't see me but once a week, your face breaks out into a big smile when I say hello to you.

I love the way you are so open and loving towards everyone.

Talan,
There are so many people who love you very much. You are very important to all of us, but most especially to your mom and dad. I know they are so proud of you, as are Grandpa and I. As you continue to grow and learn I hope you always remember that we all love you and will be there for you whenever you need us!
And a small piece of advice.....................
Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!

4 comments:

  1. I consider myself so lucky to be alive and see my first Grandson. All morning I was thinking about the event the day before and the day after you were born, how much I enjoyed holding you in my arms in the hospital and going to your home with your Mom and Dad. We all love my little Boo Boo so very much and we ask GOD to bless you always.HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE GRAND SON and many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that is so sweet of you! I love to read your blog when Jennifer sends it to me! What a great perspective he will have when he gets older to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posting this comment from a good friend of Si's.............

    I can’t believe he is one already..

    Grandchildren are truly a gift from God. I know how much you both love Talan and even though it has just been a year can you even remember how your life felt before him. Just from past experiences with Tyler your life will only get better, each day, each month brings new experiences that Talan will give you.

    The kids bring not only joy and oh so much love but you’ll feel younger because of them. You make sure to take care of yourself better because you realize that you want to be here when he gets married and when he has kids, so little things that we might have ignored in the past you now find yourself taking care of so you are here for him. I thank god each and every day for my grandchild and I know you both feel the same way……

    We love you all!!!

    Love,

    Judy (Adams)

    ReplyDelete