Friday, November 14, 2008

New Baby in the Family

Since Aaron and Jeanne have finally let everyone know, I can finally post this blog I started back in October..................
October 3, 2008 --------Aaron called me at work today. Aaron hardly ever calls me at work, unless he's planning a surprise for his dad. The first thing I thought of after a few words of greeting was that he was calling to tell me Jeanne is pregnant. And she is!! How exciting. Aaron is going to be a daddy!!! What a wonderful year this has turned out to be for Aaron. First he finds the girl of his dreams to marry, and now they are expecting a baby. I guess they really took to heart the priest's and the civil servant's admonishment to "go out and have lots of babies." Unfortunately, I can not share this news just yet, as we are waiting for Jeanne to get past her first trimester before letting everyone know.

October 7th, 2008--When we were at Jenn's house babysitting Talan on Saturday, I was rocking Talan and telling him about his new cousin. I figure its okay to tell Talan because he won't tell anyone. Although, I am so very happy for Aaron and Jeanne, I shared with Talan my saddness. I'm wondering already if we will see this baby much. I am a saddened because I know Aaron's child will not know us the way Talan will, and in turn, we will not know Aaron's child the way we know Talan. And while I know we will all do everything possible to be a part of this new baby's life, the distance is an obstacle that will be hard to overcome.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear about the baby! I know you and Si are just as proud as you can be. Although the distance will be hard to handle, thank the Lord for the technology we have to stay as close as we possibly can. One word - SKYPE! It's a life saver when you are really down and need to see that grandbaby! Congrats to the new parents and best of luck. See you Christmas!
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete