Sorry, its been so long since I've added to my blog. It seems I only find time at work to "compose" and at work I go from being monsterously busy to completely idle and bored. So, to keep us occupied during our down moments a few of us have started playing Scrabble by email. http://www.scrabulous.com/ If you would like to challenge me to a game, click on the email version and start us a game.

Saturday, we drove up to McLean to see my other Mom and Dad, Lynn and Mike Howlett.

Its always wonderful to see them. For those of you who don't know, Ann was (still is) my best friend when I lived in Virginia and I probably spent as much time at her house as I did at mine before my parents moved to Florida.
Kim, thank you so much for letting us have your car and thanks for coming to the airport to say good bye to us. That was really sweet and we appreciate it.
Si and I went to Virginia Thursday, July 17, to see John, Ann, Kim and Megan. We had a really nice visit and it was good to see them.
Friday, we also got to see Ann's sister, Chris and Kathy. Kathy and I had some great fun playing the Wii. Poor Kathy.........she's a lefty and Kim had set up the bowling game for us and left to go buy another remote and Kathy was trying to hit the pocket and kept coming in on the wrong side. It was pretty funny. Once we got her set up for a lefty, she did really well. Then Kim set me up to play the "BrainGame" with her. I think she messed with my mind. Every category I picked was "difficult," and every category she got was "easy." Needless, to say, I got smoked. I think, even if all my categories were "easy," I'd still have lost. Kim's that much better and I'm getting way too old to figure some of this stuff out in the time allotted.

Its always wonderful to see them. For those of you who don't know, Ann was (still is) my best friend when I lived in Virginia and I probably spent as much time at her house as I did at mine before my parents moved to Florida.

And since Si's parents couldn't be here when he and I got married, they were gracious enough to stand up for him and allowed us to have our wedding reception at their house. What fond memories.
And notice the HUGE hibicus flower...........I'm looking for a Lord Baltimore hibicus plant for our yard. Isn't it just beautiful. And just think, if it can survive a Virginia winter, Texas winters should be a breeze.
Sunday we went to see the new house John and Ann are buying. Really woodsy. On our way there we had to stop for the deer in the middle of the road. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough. Apparently, Megan has a history with deer on the road, so watch out Bambi!!!
Really glad we were able to make it out to Virginia to see everyone. Megan, thank you for letting Kim drive your car and for taking your dad's truck.
Kim, thank you so much for letting us have your car and thanks for coming to the airport to say good bye to us. That was really sweet and we appreciate it. 
Thank you for this .I always enjoy our trips to VA.Love to see all of these wonderful and great folks .Love you all and GOD bless you always.
ReplyDeleteNice blog, sounds like you had a great time. Funny, every trip to Virginia has to have an important part of it involving WII. Look forward to seeing you soon!
ReplyDelete