Thursday, March 12, 2015

It's all about the kids

I had a dream last night.  I was at my Grandma and Grandpa Embrey's house.  It was Christmas morning.  Everyone was there.  My Grandma and Grandpa, my Mom and Dad, my brothers, my sister, all my kids and oddly enough, because at one point my kids were children and not adults, all my grandchildren were there.  I was sitting next to my dad and as we watched all the kids opening their presents, my dad turned to me and with a smile on his face said, "It's all about the kids, isn't it?" I leaned my head on his shoulder and woke up.

I don't dream about my dad very often so this dream meant a lot to me.

And I think he's right.  It is all about the kids.  When you become parents your life becomes all about your kids.  When your kids have kids, their lives become all about their kids.  Each generation passes that on to the next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment