For the past 15 years I have worked with basically the same group of people. Over the years, a few people have left, a few new people have joined the company, friendships have been made, and some have been lost. But basically, for 15 years, the same group of people. Tuesday, I accepted a position in our corporate office and today was my last day with our branch. My feelings have alternated from sadness, to excited, to nervous, and to being a little anxious about the new position. It will require additional training, more responsibility, but more than that, I will be working with a whole new group of people. Most of the people I'll be working with, I met a little over a year ago when I spent two weeks in training at our corporate office. I email them on a daily basis and IM with them off and on. We all tease, cut up and have fun thru these emails and IM's. But, actually sitting in an office all day long with them, well, that will be something different. I'm optimistic that the transition will be smooth and I will fit in with them quickly. I know from talking to a few of them that they have been asking for me to come over to corporate for a while now. That makes me feel good about the move, knowing that they have confidence in me, and they think I will be a good fit with them. I know I will miss the the routine of my previous position and I know I will miss a lot of the people. And as some of the people I have known the longest said goodbye to me today, I tried to remember that I will still be working with them. It will just be different.
Today in my email from Mountain Wings was the following quote
“Wherever your faith is
there is your future.”
~Nathaniel Bronner~
After reading this quote and thinking about why it came into my email today of all days, I have decided that while I'm a sad over leaving my branch and the people I have known for 15 years, I will have to have faith that this move is good for my future and all will work out. Wish me luck!
Wishing you LOTS of luck!!!!! See you soon to wish you luck in person.
ReplyDelete