January 5th, Joanna and I had been talking off and on all day about Daisy and when I called to check on her as I was driving home from work, Joanna answered the phone and it was obvious to me that she was crying. She had just received the bad news about Daisy's condition. We talked for a little bit longer; me trying to say all the right things, but feeling completely helpless. Then, because I had received a text from Ashley that led me to believe she was upset, I called her. I had to check my phone when she picked up to make sure I hadn't accidentally called Joanna back because Ashley too was crying. If Ashley hasn't shared with you why she thinks 2011 sucks so far (per her Facebook posting on January 5th) please don't ask her. Just suffice to say she was extremely upset and again, as I try to say all the right things, I again feel completely helpless. The worst feeling for any parent is knowing your child is hurting and there's nothing you can do, other than to listen and be there for them. The best I can offer to all my kids: No matter how old you get, no matter how far from home you are, you are never alone. I will stand by you and I won't let go.
Rascal Flatts – I Won’t Let Go
It’s like a storm
That cuts a path
It’s breaks your will
It feels like that
You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own
You're not alone
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
If you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it’s dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we’re too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let you fall
Don’t be afraid to fall
I’m right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
You're gonna make it
Yea I know you can make it
Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
Oh I’m gonna hold you
And I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you and all my wonderful Daughters ,Son,my grand children and Son ,daughter in-laws.God bless you all .and keep you happy and blessed.
ReplyDelete