Last Friday night (9-10-2010) we went, with Jennifer, Randy and Talan, to see the Texas Rangers play the New York Yankees. Talan had been asking his mom and dad since the last game we went to, if he could go again to watch the fireworks. The Rangers put on an awesome fireworks show after certain Friday night games.
The game began with the Stars Spangled Banner, as performed by the Blue Man Group. I had a hard time figuring out where they were in the song without having words to sing along. I think it was the very last stanza and some lady behind us started softly singing, "oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave.........o're the land, of the free, and the home of the brave." I guess I'm a traditionalist. I'd rather hear the words, but I have to admit, this was a unique rendition of our National Anthem.
Best part of the night? The Rangers beat the Yankees. Nelson Cruz has had three walk off home runs this year! We were at the stadium for two of them. This night: bottom of the 13th inning; at about 12:30 AM. What a game this was! And then we got to watch another "awesome" (Talan's new word) fireworks show. Perfect ending to a perfect evening.
GO RANGERS!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing that interesting rendition. Now, if you would have showed that to me and asked me what I just heard, not sure that I would have been able to tell you.
ReplyDeleteI know! Exactly how I felt that night! : )
ReplyDelete