| Parker loves his elephant! |
Ashley was my road trip buddy for my trip to Cypress March 11th. Ashley worked Wednesday night and came over to our house right from work Thursday morning. She took a short nap while I finished getting ready and then we headed out about 10:00. I was surprised she didn't fall right to sleep in the car, but she managed to stay awake until after we stopped for lunch. She slept till we got off the highway in Cypress, and woke up as I turned into the Kroger shopping center. We had to make a quick stop at Kroger to buy beer for the weekend and then we went to Joanna's. Thursday night we went to one of Joanna and Billy's favorite places, a seafood/sushi restaurant. Billy and Joanna like it for the sushi, so both of them and Ashley had sushi plates. I had a shrimp/portobello mushroom dish that was excellent. After dinner, we went home and played some dominos. Joanna and I gave up and went to bed about midnight, but Billy and Ashley stayed up playing till very early in the morning.
Friday, Joanna, Ashely and I decided we'd go to Costco and the outlet mall. By the time we all got ready to go it was near lunchtime, so we went to have lunch at Chili's. After eating and feeding Parker, Joanna decided she'd better change Parker before we headed to Costco. Well, Parker ended up needing a change of clothes and Joanna didn't have anything in Parker's diaper bag, so we had to make a quick trip to Target that turned out to be not so quick. Once we finished at Target, Joanna decided we'd better not try to go to Costco because the traffic coming back would be so bad we wouldn't have much time at the Outlet Mall. So, we just headed to the Outlet Mall. We walked the whole mall, did some window shopping and Ashley bought a couple things.
Friday night we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was pretty good, but no Uncle Julio's. As we were leaving this guy handed Ashley a flyer for their "teen's nigth." Ashley said, "I don't know if I should be happy bc the guy thought I was young enough to be in my teens or scared bc there are so many words spelled wrong!!" We laughed all the way home about this "nigth." It was so much fun.
Saturday, we didn't do much of anything. Just hung around the house and played with Parker when he was awake. Saturday night's dinner was bacon wrapped shrimp, shrimp scampi, lobster, crab and asparagus. Joanna and Billy know how to make their guest feel special. It was a wonderful dinner. For dessert, Joanna had made brownies which Billy and I ate with ice cream. Yummm!
This was a fun weekend that ended all too soon. But Joanna is coming up to DFW next week for Talan's third birthday, so it won't be such a long time between visits. And I'm glad Ashley went with me so I didn't have to drive by myself.
| Ashley and Parker doing mat time! |


Very nice...didn't know Talan was doing mat time with us! haha
ReplyDeleteI don't know what you're talking about!!! : )
ReplyDelete