The quote below was posted by a friend on Facebook. As I read it, it made me smile, but it also made me sad; all at the same time. Everyday, I wonder how my life would be different, how my mom's life would be different, had my dad not passed away so early in our lives. I miss that he hasn't seen my children grow up and get married. I know that he would be so proud of all of them and the lives they've made for themselves. I miss that my children never really got the opportunity to know my Dad. I miss that he never got to see any of his great grandchildren. I miss that he has not been here for all the family celebrations over the past 18 years. Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I miss you. Appreciate what you have.......you never know when it will be gone.
Yellow roses grow in heaven, Lord pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my father's arms and tell him they're from me. Tell him that I love and miss him. When he turns to smile, place a kiss upon him cheek & hold him for awhile, because remembering him is easy, I do it every day. There's an ache in my heart that will never go away. I miss you, Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment