Randy took Jennifer to Indianapolis this weekend for the Colts football game, to celebrate Jennifer's 30th birthday. I think Jennifer is probably one of the Colt's biggest "non-resident" fans. We got to keep Talan. We met Jennifer and Randy at the parking lot of the airport about 8:30 Saturday morning; loaded Talan and all of his stuff into our car and then we took Jennifer and Randy to their gate. Jennifer started crying about the time we left the parking lot. She was really crying when we got to the gate and she had to say good-bye to Talan. This is her first all night, all day away from Talan. I told her, "now you know what its really like to be a parent."
So, yesterday (Saturday) we spent the day just "chillin" with Talan. Typical Saturday with Talan, just at our house instead of his. Talan is such a good natured baby. He hardly ever cries during the day and is so regular on his schedule that the past months of Saturdays of watching him while Jennifer was at work and Randy was at school or hunting made yesterday a breeze. Talan likes to cuddle when he gets sleepy and Grandma loves to cuddle him back. Well, let me clarify that. He likes to cuddle during the day when he's sleepy, but not at all at bedtime. Jenn said he would start rubbing his eyes around 10 and then I could just cuddle him and swing him and sing to him. She warned me that he would probably fight it. Did he ever!!! Talan wailed for about 45 minutes pushing my hand and his "binky" away whenever I tried to give it to him. What a completely different side of Talan. But then we had seen this before, when they stayed with us back the end of October, so I was a little prepared for this. Still........."night" Talan wasn't as much fun as "day" Talan. But he slept pretty good once he got to sleep and he woke up in a really good mood. Smiling, laughing, and "singing." We had him sitting in his high chair and Si was feeding Vegas a banana and everytime Si threw the banana up for Vegas she would jump up to get it and Talan just laughed and laughed. What a great sound!!! I didn't think to get it on video right then, but later that afternoon I told Si he had to feed Vegas another banana so I could video tape Talan laughing at her. Vegas was more than happy to assist!!! Make sure you have your speakers up loud!
No comments:
Post a Comment