Monday, June 30, 2008

Endings

Saturday night I had a dream and I have been thinking about the significance of this dream ever since. In the dream, I was at my high school graduation and I was surrounded by other graduates and we were all promising one another that we would stay in touch and that we would always stay close. Well, as we all know, friends move on and people grow apart, children grow up and move away, and people pass on. So, cherish every moment you have together; whether in person, or on the phone, or thru a simple email, because every day brings you closer to the end; the end of a relationship, the end of a friendship, the end of your last child living at home, the end of everyone being together on family night, the end of life. Sad, but unfortunately true. Think about this and remember how fragile life and relationships are. And that while you have the time, you must appreciate every moment and not take any for granted and most importantly, remember to make sure the people who are important to you know how you feel about them.

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed


Martina McBride, "Blessed"

To My Family --- I know I don't say it as often as I should, but I love each and every one of you and I am blessed to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment